Postby zZenom » Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:15 pm

It does sound like a TT, dont forget headlihgts Dj :wink:

DjDecibel
MM2 eXtreme Owner
MM2 eXtreme Owner
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Italy

Postby DjDecibel » Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:25 pm

zZ... i think that's a bug of zModeler.....

in the zModeler the lights are little... look:

but in the game they are BIG

zZenom
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby zZenom » Fri Jan 10, 2003 2:11 am

Yea, scale em half size it will be ok, also bring em out slightly, they shine through the car.

Ryan
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 21 years 6 months

Postby Ryan » Sat Jan 11, 2003 1:21 am

Whoa, kool ive never seen that before, looks kool and when i was drivin it in the dark i didnt see any problems with the lights well i did but it was nothing, oh well ill let you continue with ur business

oh btw is there a certain screen size MM2x is supposed to be veiwed at?

zZenom
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby zZenom » Sat Jan 11, 2003 5:41 pm

1024x768 for best results

Ryan
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin

Postby Ryan » Sat Jan 11, 2003 5:43 pm

ok, ive used every size my computer can go including that one and it still seemed sorta off

zZenom
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby zZenom » Sat Jan 11, 2003 6:23 pm

The forum will sometimes go off cause its intergated so it makes it smaller, when big pics are posted it puts all the site out of shape, 1024x768 right res though

Ryan
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin

Postby Ryan » Sat Jan 11, 2003 6:28 pm

its not just the forum sometimes the site goes odd on my comp too, oh well i just hold CTRL and roll the mouse whell and it goes back to normal or the normalist i got it to go :?

FAF_Nitro
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 21 years 5 months

Postby FAF_Nitro » Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:21 pm

So Whats The Update On The zZenom and DjDecibel Website??

Ryan
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin

Postby Ryan » Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:23 pm

Yeah that reminds me, zZ you said it was nearly completed all you had to do was upload your cars and that was like 3-4 weeks ago!!!!! :evil:

zZenom
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby zZenom » Sun Jan 12, 2003 4:07 am

Was last week and i changed my mind (again sorry) im just gonna concentrate on Demon Cruisers and for mm2 side of things im working with HotRodsRealm.Net thats where all my cars are

Ryan
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin

Postby Ryan » Sun Jan 12, 2003 4:13 am

Ok I understand, but how many projects do you have left to complete?

FAF_Nitro
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 21 years 5 months

Postby FAF_Nitro » Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:24 am

The Site Wont Let Me Register

_IRT_OwNeR_
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 21 years 3 months

Review of the Jetta

Postby _IRT_OwNeR_ » Tue Jan 14, 2003 11:06 pm

Hello all, I haven't posted anything on this site ever but I'm a good friend of DjDecibel and I guess most of you recognise me from zone and 'IRT'. Anyway, Decibel asked me to beta test the Jetta because of moshpit's lack of attendance. So here goes, this is all I have recovered from testing this great car in Midtown Madness 2. (Made myself read all 17 pages before I started, wanted to know everything going on :))

Introduction:
This car has had great enthusiasm from most zoner's and big MM2 fans, and from my testing this is all for good and the car seems very well done.

Textures:
The Jetta textures look extremely realistic, right down to every detail, all stickers visible on 'The Fast and The Furious' are there, and I know Decibel had quite some trouble finding a few of them :? . Extremely well modeled vehicle, hard worked on to perfection.

Performance:
This car handles very well and can maintain a top speed of around 160. I admit it could be more fun with a higher top speed, but I respect that realism is kept in the car and that's good :D. It handles well round even the sharpest corners and although it can have a very small delay on the movement, I think this is something all cars have, and us gamers get used to. Very Good.

Sounds:
There are new sounds on the Jetta, which are realistic engine sounds but I agree with zZenom that it could have been improved with a deeper sounding engine, although it is a very minor factor which I didnt notice at all until I read this thread. The horn sound is fine, good quality and realistic. Nice work on the sounds.

Dashboard:
In my opinion, the dashboard is the only feature of the car that is of a slightly lower quality than the rest. I have to admit that I have not seen many excellent dashbaords for MM2 cars but this does not make me think that they are all better. The dash could have been better, and some of the features included in the dashboard look slightly 2 dimensional: something all MM2 dashboard have to put up with, seeing as it is MM2 that has made it impossible to make much better dashboards.

Lights:
The Jetta has reverse lights when in reverse (obviosuly 8O) and when in 'Night' or 'Evening' modes the vehicle has front and rear lights. I think these lights are fine, despite what zZenom says :).

Damage & Breakables:
The Jetta has no damage textures, but spoiling that extremely nice textured model would not be a nice sight :? . As for breakables, I have noticed that both wing mirrors are breakable features, giving a nice effect although no damage is sustained. Maybe the spoiler could have been a breakable?

Vehicle Analysis:

Textures: 10/10
Performance: 9/10
Sounds: 9/10
Dashboard: 7/10
Lights: 9/10
Damage & Breakables: 9/10

Overall Rating: 9/10

One of the best cars I have driven for Midtown Madness 2, DjDecibel and DjNitrtoRx have recreated the VW Jetta excellently and I think this car will not be forgotten by MM2 Fans. I would like to thank Decibel for giving me the honour of beta testing this great car.

_IRT_OwNeR_ - https://www.irt.2ya.com/