MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Mystery of Sept 1752

Postby Pujan » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:10 pm

Is it true or fake I dunno

I got a answer from fb
here's the answer...

No one born in between 2nd and 14th of September 1752
Do you know that no one born in between 2nd and 14th Sep 1752. Is it ???
YES, I am not joking.
Actually the so called 11 days does not exist in the calender. Those are called as GHOST DATES (I think this title is good). Want to know more. read this

A calendar has been used over the centuries in nearly every civilization. Its purpose is to provide a method of measuring time and to allow man to record and calculate dates and events. The calendar has changed dramatically over the years, and family historians who research colonial records will soon realize that even as recently as 1750, the calendar was different. A basic knowledge of the 1752 calendar change during the colonial period of American history will help with family history research.

The Julian Calendar

To better understand the 1752 calendar change (see the above calendar of 1752 and mark the September month), it is beneficial to review the history of major calendars that led up to it, starting with the Romans. Following the advice of his astronomer and mathematician, Julius Caesar established a calendar in 45 B.C. This calendar is known as the Julian or Old Style (O.S.) calendar. It and had three common years containing 365 days, and one year (leap year) containing 366 days (every fourth year). This twelve-month calendar, based on a solar (tropical) year, served for many years in perpetual cycle.

Under this calendar, the first day of the year was March 25th (often known as Lady Day, Annunciation Day, or Feast of the Annunciation), and the last day of the year was March 24th. March was considered the first month.

Examples of the Julian Calendar

7ber VIIber September 7th month
8ber VIIIber October 8th month
9ber IXber November 9th month
10ber Xber December 10th month

Under the Julian calendar, four of the months were written ending in "ber."
The Gregorian calendar
During the Middle Ages, astronomers and mathematicians observed that the calendar year was not completely accurate with matching solar years. Errors in the Julian calendar were noted by church officials and scholars because church holidays did not occur in their appropriate seasons.

In 1582, Pope Gregory XIII (1502
Last edited by Pujan on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
[img]https://s7.postimg.org/urrgzqb17/coollogo_com_103958483.png[/img]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best newcomer screenshot-er of the year [/color]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best active member MM1 screenshot-er[/color]

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby e-cobra » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:18 pm

WTH? You expect someone to read the crap and tell you the 'ansewer' just because its too long for you? :roll:
Do you know that no one born in between 2nd and 14th Sep 1752. Is it ???
Oww, I was alive in 1752, having the ability to teleport around the world and see whether anyone was born or not..
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

A320_Pilot
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Postby A320_Pilot » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:08 pm

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Vj394OU.jpg[/img]
[color=cyan][b]4.6L V8?[/b][/color] [color=white]I think[/color] [color=red][b]YES![/b][/color]

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 6 months

Postby RohitXL5 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:20 pm

Lol, that was my idea. Btw, I agree, the matter is too much, indeed. :)

@Topic.

Nothing mysterious or serious.

Actually, in 1752, few countries changed their calendar from Julian to Gregorian. Gregorian was 11 days ahead than Julian. Therefore, they skipped their calendar to match the current date of Gregorian.
[img][/img]

[color=#01B5DD][size=150]Boss of Martians![/size][/color]

[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best Active Member MM1 screenshot-er | Best MM2 breakout of the year[/color]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Author of the best mod of the year[/color]

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:59 pm

Not veeeeerrry interesting, and I have to agree with A320 on this one. :roll:
[img][/img] [color=gold]MM2x Awards 2014 - Most Friendly Active Member[/color]

[img][/img]

carmaniac
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User