Some creepy thing I found

carmaniac
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 15 years

UVB-76

Postby carmaniac » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:27 pm

(from Wikipedia)
''UVB-76, also known as The Buzzer, is the nickname given by radio listeners to a shortwave radio station that broadcasts on the frequency 4625 kHz. It broadcasts a short, monotonous About this sound buzz tone, repeating at a rate of approximately 25 tones per minute, for 24 hours per day. On rare occasions, the buzzer signal is interrupted and a voice transmission in Russian takes place. It has been active since at least the late 1970s or early 1980s, when the first reports were made of a station on this frequency. Its origins have been traced to Russia, but although several theories with varying degrees of plausibility exist, its actual purpose remains unknown to the public.''

The video creeps me out, everytime I have to check if something is creeping behind me...

This station has apparently moved to another place in Russia...
Do you think that this radio station is all fake or real?

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:44 pm

I.... think it's the sound of some airplane. Fake or real, idk.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

carmaniac
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby carmaniac » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:32 pm

I.... think it's the sound of some airplane. Fake or real, idk.
Airplane? Sounds nothing like it to me, just really a big buzzing sound

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby aaro4130 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:27 pm

You should start a blog carmaniac, You and some others post some interesting stuff :)
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:53 pm

Another weird thing of this world, but this one has been really curious, thanks for the info. Well, probably this AM radio station exists, but, what's its purpose? Maybe "76" stands for its activity begin year, the 1976? Maybe it's all made for military purposes? Mystery...
When continuous, that buzzing sound is similar to the sound of an airplane motor, or to the one of a ship siren, but this isn't the point... The buzzing sound seems to be generated by an always on device put ahead the transmission microphone. I've read that the Russian voice which rarely interrupts this transmission says some sort of scripted messages.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

carmaniac
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby carmaniac » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:20 am

@aaro
Maybe someday :wink:

@franch

Once the station started playing some ''Black Swan" music for a little bit, maybe it was just a test?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:50 am

Yes, I've also read that it played few minutes of music and sings at random... A test to listen how music sounds? Who knows, this radio station is all a mystery.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby e-cobra » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:26 am

Someone should try to jam the transmissions made by it by transmitting a sine wave or a random disturbance at the same frequency of 4625 kHz. Keep that jamming device on all day to interrupt the propose of the radio station, if any. Then maybe the authorities who run it will try to take an action and maybe reveal some information about it? :?
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

Triple_X
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 14 years 2 months

Postby Triple_X » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:01 pm

Someone should try to jam the transmissions made by it by transmitting a sine wave or a random disturbance at the same frequency of 4625 kHz. Keep that jamming device on all day to interrupt the propose of the radio station, if any. Then maybe the authorities who run it will try to take an action and maybe reveal some information about it? :?

nice wiki-how quote there x'D

all i can say for this

[color=white][b][u]MM2X Awards : [/u][/b]

[img][/img] | Funniest Active Member [/color]

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby aaro4130 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:02 pm

These messages are in code like the ones coming from the US Naval transmitter (e.g Alpha, Bravo, XRAY)

Quite odd, I still wonder myself if this is just a test and they are looking if people check the shortwave stations and all that , imo I think these messages are possibly jus set on a recording device and played over and over, or set to play on a set date.

I've been researching this alot though and atm It actually seems to be totally down. No trace of anything. But I hear people are still recording messages from it...

You can listen live but I don't hear anything at this time. I think it may have been shut down after all this time.
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

carmaniac
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby carmaniac » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:57 pm

Guys, this article pretty much debunks most of UVB-76's mysteries!!!

https://www.kernelmag.com/features/repor ... an-enigma/

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby e-cobra » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:36 am

nice wiki-how quote there x'D
What wiki-how quote? They're my own words..
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]